December is always a good time to take a look around and consider what changes you might make in your marketing strategy. This year, I sense some form of a social media strategy is at the top of everyone’s wish list.
So if you are thinking about social media, and you need to do it for your company, you may want to start with a few strategic tenets.
Begin by asking yourself these questions:
1. What target audience are we trying to reach?
2. Which media does this audience like to take part in?
3. What are we trying to accomplish with them:
- Positioning as a thought leader?
- Spread good ideas and information?
Then, determine the best course of action for reaching them.
We are rapidly heading toward an always-on economy, where customers control how, when and where they will be open and willing to accept a marketing message. Your job is to figure out when and where to launch an online service that gets you there. Remember, finding the right medium in a sea of choices is fast becoming more important than the message itself!